klox7 VIP
Total posts: 914
31 Jan 2015 10:24

Hi,

I just noticed that if I have field based on subscription and this field is populated but user doesn't have subscription (so value it's not visible in record) the value of it still shows in filter module and you can see record results with this value.

With this kind of behaviour I'm asking myself what is the meaning of subscription if I can still filter records based on their values of subscription fields even if record author doesn't have subscription for displaying values. That way users still get results. Only fields are not visible in record list or record. So subscriptions becomes meaningless with filter module.

Is this normal behaviour or did I miss some configuration?

Regards

Last Modified: 05 Feb 2015

Comments have been disabled for this article and works only in read only mode.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
03 Feb 2015 11:43

What is the field? Email? Telephone?

klox7 VIP
03 Feb 2015 12:18

Checkbox.

Sergey
04 Feb 2015 04:42

Why should it be hidden? Are the values sensetive? What do values contain. Explain why checkbox that is filter is restricted by subscription.

klox7 VIP
04 Feb 2015 08:20

In short because it's payable field.

So, let's say we have checkbox field and this field only shows it's values if author of record has subscription. Values in record are visibe only if author of the record pays for them to be visible BUT author can check them in form because submission is not restricted. Only view is restricted.

Now let's take a look at filter module. Same author of same record fills this checkbox field but doesn't have subscription for view. Now in the record field won't show but it will show what he has selected in filter module.

So if what author selected in form then shows in filter module then users can filter and get results with this value which is the same if field was visible in record. Users get results and they can see which records have this value - even if it requires subscription.

But I think this can't be done with configuration. There should be some kind "attach subscription" to record for this or something.

Sergey
05 Feb 2015 03:56

klox7 So if what author selected in form then shows in filter module then users can filter and get results with this value which is the same if field was visible in record. Users get results and they can see which records have this value - even if it requires subscription.

This I understand. i wanted to know more about this field. What king of information is there.

I can say already that it is impossible to hide those values in filter. So you have to turn filter off for this field.

klox7 VIP
05 Feb 2015 07:23

Sergey This I understand. i wanted to know more about this field. What king of information is there.

Nothing so special. Just payable field with values so that users can find specific type of record.

Sergey I can say already that it is impossible to hide those values in filter. So you have to turn filter off for this field.

OK.