klox7 VIP
Total posts: 914
04 Jun 2014 12:58

Hi,

can somebody please explain me "Setting Field in Parameters" here Click here to link...

There is this code:

<fields name="tmpl_params">
     <fieldset name="name1" label="Position Fields" 
         description="Set fields to be positioned">
         <field name="field_price" type="meresourcesfields" label="Where is the price?" />
     </fieldset>
 </fields>

I'm assuming this goes in xml file of template. Then I have additional parameter in template settings with input. What is this input for?

Is this a proper way to display gallery field withoud ID, unset it in template and after it display other fields?

Thanks

Last Modified: 09 Jun 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
05 Jun 2014 11:41

klox7 I'm assuming this goes in xml file of template.

Yep

klox7 Then I have additional parameter in template settings with input. What is this input for?

What is that?

klox7 Is this a proper way to display gallery field withoud ID, unset it in template and after it display other fields?

Yes. You display field esplicitly. But if you want rest of fields to be displaied as normal, you have to unset or simple words delete this field from generald fields array.

klox7 VIP
Total posts: 914
08 Jun 2014 18:35

Sergey What is that?

When I add upper code in xml file there is new parameter (input) that appears in template settings. What's it for?

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
09 Jun 2014 00:54

can you make screenshot? I cannot get it.

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
09 Jun 2014 01:46

klox7 When I add upper code in xml file there is new parameter (input) that appears in template settings. What's it for?

You can offer a field selection in your template's parameters. Also retrict it to a certain type of field. i.e. let the user select an image-type field for a product/avatar.

You can see this feature in "Gallery Pack" for gallery field type and description text field:

Bildschirmfoto 2014-06-09 um 03.37.32

Also in Calendar pack, where you have to specifiy a date field as source. The selection is restricted to available date fields only.