klox7 VIP
Total posts: 914
04 Jun 2014 09:19

I'm thinking why is there no option to somehow select existing images in gallery? That way I could avoid having same file multiple times on my server. It would be great for me to just prepare images and upload them to my server and then just select them.

Also in my new project I'm missing option to specify subfloder for uploads in type.

Last Modified: 23 Jan 2015

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
04 Jun 2014 10:44

klox7 Also in my new project I'm missing option to specify subfloder for uploads in type.

Why? Subfolder parameter is in every field with uploads.

klox7 I'm thinking why is there no option to somehow select existing images in gallery?

There is but only for image field.

klox7 VIP
04 Jun 2014 11:36

Sergey Why? Subfolder parameter is in every field with uploads.

I know, but if I have uploads as my main directory and I want to put images inside uploads/sub/sub/sub then I have to specify this path every time in field. If you can specify it in type then if you add several galleries or images it will automatically go to folder specified in type. Otherwise you have to write it in every field. And you could misspell path...

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
05 Jun 2014 11:47

Files work differntly. Every uploaded file is regestered in DB. Based on that you may sort and filter files as you want. But it has it's own way to save files on the disk. Actualy you should not pay attention how files are stored. Those are not stored to be organized acording types or fields. You can alsways do it if you want because theer is DB registry.

klox7 VIP
23 Jan 2015 15:58

Sergey

klox7 I'm thinking why is there no option to somehow select existing images in gallery?

There is but only for image field.

Will select existing images in gallery maybe be in Cobalt9?

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
23 Jan 2015 17:31

Sergey Every uploaded file is regestered in DB. Based on that you may sort and filter files as you want.

As far as I know, there are some new Cobalt features in regards of "frontend management". What about a "Media Manager", where users have access to all their uploaded files/images. Maybe all related fields can utilize it as well i.e. as file selection, image select etc.

I think Sergey mentioned an up-coming "File Manager" in this related topic:

klox7 Will select existing images in gallery maybe be in Cobalt9?

Good point. Thanks for raising this topic again. Changed it to an "open IDEA".

Replay Topic
Uploading
Click here to upload and insert file from you hard drive: (png, gif, jpg, jpeg, zip, txt, rar)