klox7 VIP
Total posts: 914
11 Apr 2013 07:16

Hi,

a while ago I made an override for checkbox template for Filter template for module and put it in templates/[template_name]/html/com_cobalt/fields/[field_name]/filter.

After an update the possibility to assign custom template in field configurations is gone. There is no custom template shown in select list of Filter template for module.

How can I get it back?

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
12 Apr 2013 00:04

Right. It is overrides. It means you chose autocomplete.php for example and add autocomplete.php to overrides and override template is used instead of standard. Just create file with he same name.

klox7 VIP
12 Apr 2013 01:27

Aha, that's new? I did a checkboxes_custom.php template about 2 months ago and it did showed as an option. Thanks for the tip!

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
12 Apr 2013 13:31

I agree with "klox7". It should show new filenames in the select-box. The same logic is used in J! core... i.e. modules and alternative layout. You can add new layouts, and if the name is the same it is an override. So, both ways are right and should work.

klox7 VIP
13 Apr 2013 10:26

Yes, the same filename (checkboxes.php) should work as an override and custom filename should be as new layout so that in the future you have the option to go back to default template without deleting it from template override. I thought it doesn't work because I used an underscore in filename (checkboxes_custom.php) but that was not the case (alternative layouts for Joomla don't allow underscores in filename).

Sergey
14 Apr 2013 22:49

We use simple file list Joomla element. This can only show list of the filed in single folder.

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
15 Apr 2013 14:37

We use simple file list Joomla element. This can only show list of the filed in single folder.

That means it lists only the files from the original (default) folder? Then we have to put NEW layouts in the original folder, right? But those will be deleted on updates or everything-installer packages?

Does it work this way:

Put a NEW layout in original folder. AND an OVERRIDE file with the same name in my template-folder?

Sergey
16 Apr 2013 08:23

But those will be deleted on updates or everything-installer packages?

No. New fields layouts will not be deleted.

Sergey
16 Apr 2013 08:24

Does it work this way:

Put a NEW layout in original folder. AND an OVERRIDE file with the same name in my template-folder?

To me it works like this. Either override original layout or add new layout to original folder.