klox7 VIP
Total posts: 914
25 Mar 2013 05:46

Hello,

I would like to build a site with Cobalt where I have all the content in it (let's say all car manufacturers as categories). Then I would like to have another Cobalt site for only one car manufacturer. Is it possible to to sync content from first site to second site restricted to only one category so I don't have to administer it twice?

Regards

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

clowride VIP
Total posts: 1,022
25 Mar 2013 05:50

maybe it is possible to do something with joomla muli database component that work with cobalt

i have requested a cobalt integration and they done, you can check : https://www.jms2win.com/en/faq/change-history-v12x/324-version-1294-add-cobalt-falang-configbox-definition

klox7 VIP
Total posts: 914
25 Mar 2013 06:25

Thank you, I was leaning more towards Cobalt formatters for export and then some kind of solution for import with cron jobs but must look into JMS.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
26 Mar 2013 02:20

Cobalt formates can export but there is no import :) So for your case it is useless :)

There is no such a synch. ANd even when we add import it will not fully satisfy you because you wil not be able to sync 100 through import. You will always lose some data. To make sync like this, I think you can use packer. But i need to make modification so only one category is loaded. And it will create category anyway.

You se it is not even synch. it is move from one category into section with sync.

May be even have to be written manually especially for your case.