stblink VIP
Total posts: 501
26 Dec 2012 10:27

Type has "Save & Close button redirect rules" which i inserted index.php to go to the website main page. All works well.

But since i'm building a website that for now only allows to insert records and not display them, the CANCEL button leads to a page which is "index.php?option=com_cobalt&view=records&section_id=1:espacos-para-alocar&Itemid=109" and shows the records approved.

There are 2 menu links, HOME and INSERT ENTRY.

1 - The Type menu item id is HOME (main page)

2 - The section menu item id is HOME as well

Any way that when user press CANCEL it goes back to link HOME ? Even if it's a hack theres no problem because the website will be another installation, just need a temporary fix.

thanks

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
26 Dec 2012 22:17

If users cannot edit their records you can turn this button of at all. They will just use back browser button.

But if users can edit it is more complicated. In fact cancel button have to put user where he was. Right on the page where he clicked edit. Or it would be annoying to get to home page and go to look for record you wanted to edit again.

But if we create new record we may even hid this button at all.

stblink VIP
27 Dec 2012 09:15

Well, haven't though about the edit feature. In case there's a need to update the record there really should be a link.

well... i believe there won't be much hassle that registered users see's approved records... at least they have option to edit their record.

thanks anyway.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
27 Dec 2012 21:14

Do not forget if you users to see only their own records in the list, set default access level special. Then only authors of the articles will see only their own articles. Like support ticket system. Also in section Who can seу restricted set to special.

stblink VIP
28 Dec 2012 08:17

Hmmm that's nice. It fixes the issue! thanks