26 Jul 2018 21:43

Hi,

1. I want to provide family membership options. However, there is a cost for each family member, e.g. the cost for a single adult is $180, and the cost for each additional child is $150. I this possible?

2. I need the signup process for a family to include adding the children on the signup page of the parent, rather than adding the children after the adult has completely finished the signup process.

3. I want to have the option for the children to have NO passwords. You might think this is defeating the purpose of the membership. Actually, the membership is NOT related to providing digital services. The membership will be for a health insurance scheme.

Are the above possible at all? If not, can you provide customisation to implement them? If yes, how much and how long it will take?

Thanks and Regards, Bilal

Last Modified: 03 Aug 2018

PetterSandvik VIP
Total posts: 110
27 Jul 2018 15:16

Hello,

Emerald is gold! I think all is possible, 1. Yes, via cross plans, you can use fixed amount or %. Its possible to select subscriptions under registrering, and 3. depends on what content you want to restrict. If you mean childs are registred via parents, their subscription is under parents login.

Hope this was to help. The extension has all possibilitys!

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
03 Aug 2018 04:46
  1. I do not think it is possible. Cross plan discount works only on the same user account. If it is other count, there is no cross plan discount. Ther is MUA (Multiple User Access) but it works completely differently.
  2. Perhaps there might be a solution on Emerald 10 if create custom field. In a field you will select number of children and that it is how many free subscription you can add to your children and als each number will increas total cost for 80% of a base price for example. For this custom development of custom field will be needed.
  3. It is not possible. It is not related to Emerald but Joomla. Without registration, Emerald does not know who is it and what one can access. But in Jomla you cannot have account without password.