14 Feb 2014 20:51

from my testing, at 9.170, whether i am using the new com_k2 restrictions or the default one, the limits seem to not be working, or maybe I am doing something wrong.

If I restrict access to 2 categories, then select the downloads in the categorgories, and the user has a one file limit, they can download what ever they like, and nothing is entered into the URL history table anymore.

To be honest, I am not sure I actually understand the options in the new com_k2 restrictions, the label text is not very definitive of whether I am restricting or allowing access.

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
16 Feb 2014 09:08

Those are restriction rules. If you add it you are restricting for unpaid and allowing for paid members.

Count limit is a bit tricky thing. It used to be one counter per plan. I mean every restriction added to counter. Now we changed that.

So counter is still one per plan. You set one limitation in the plan. But if rule that match will add to to counter or not is now separated.

For example you create plan with usage limit 10 and you add 2 rules.

1. Access articles to read - count - NO

2. Download file - count - YES

Every time user read an article counter should not be increased. But everytime he downloads, counter is increased.

The only problem for now that when counter reaches its limitation, it deactivate whole plan and not allow even rules that do not count.

That is I think is an issue yet to resolve.

Sergey
16 Feb 2014 09:31

I have made that.

Now rules that have usage count NO will consider plans with limit reached counter as active. Will be available in the next update.

Also not that Usage limit mode should be active in the plan before user subscribed. That setting is independent in user subscription after purchase is made and change of that parameter in the plan settings does not affect already purchased subscriptions..

16 Feb 2014 17:07

sorry about this, I am obviously doing something very wrong here or don't understand it properly.

With 9.172 and the com_k2 restriction, I still can't get download limits to be counted. Even if I go back to the default URL rules, the downloads dont get counted. Right now, I am going to have to stay at 9.160, this seems (to me) to be the last release that consistently counts limits.

Sergey
16 Feb 2014 23:31

I tested it with 9.173 which I have just updated.

Please make sure that

1. In you plan settings you sel Usage limit more than 0

2. In you plan settings you set Usage mode other than Do not count

3. In your restriction rule you set Usage count = Yes