04 Dec 2013 23:13

Hi There,

I have a client who is in the process of creating an online shop. He wants it to be based around a user subscription system whereby the user subscribes for a given amount of time (ie a year), but only gains access to new content on a week by week basis. For example, if a person subscribed for a year, they would begin by gaining access to content for week 1, followed by gaining access to content in week two etc. This is to prevent the person from subscribing, copying all the content, and then cancelling their subscription. I think this can be referred to as ‘content dripping’. Does, Emerald have any functionality that would cater for this? Also, does emerald 9 function in joomla 2.5?

Regards, Daniel

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
05 Dec 2013 00:13

Emerald does not have this functionality. But Cobalt does. There is field that is called drip content. This is field that allow organize Lesson by lesson release based on timeframe, manual confirmation (like through homework) or quiz pass.

The only thing it cannot release whole article series. It only release one article at a time.

does emerald 9 function in joomla 2.5?

Emerald 9 is a exclusive J3 extension re-written from scratch. It works only in J3 series environment.

Sergey
05 Dec 2013 00:14

And of course it is integrated with Emerald.

08 Dec 2013 20:36

Thanks for your response. I have attached a pdf with a wireframe example of the functionality that i need. Can you tell me whether it is achievable with emerald and cobalt? (there are notes in red at the bottom of each page in the pdf to explain what i need.

08 Dec 2013 20:38

^Ignore reference to payplans in pdf. I need to know whether the plugins from mintjoomla will give me the required functionality

Sergey
10 Dec 2013 09:33

There is nothing special in your PDF. It is all Joomla. No Emerald or membership is there. Lon\gin, register all is done through Joomla core or jomSocial or other like that. And after user registered he can purchase plan that will restrict him to series of articles with drip content feature or category or all articles at once.

It may even restrict some (for example first 3 lessons) with one subscriptions which may be cheap and other lessons with other subscription. It also may keep some lessons free as examples.

In any case, I honestly believe that you will not find better solution for online education website than Emerald + Cobalt. It is complete online training solution.