25 Mar 2013 09:57

Hi Sergey,

Is there a way to enable module User Subscriptions & Subscription Plans can be accessed via frontend with admin or special access?

There for, the admin (data admin) doesn't have to access joomla backend to manage Subscription Plan or to monitor and approve submitted user subscription order.

I would very hope there is a way for this need.

Regards,

Nenda

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
26 Mar 2013 02:26

I have to tell no. But it is very useful suggestion. I do not think plans but user subscriptions is good idea. We will probably add it to Emerald 9.

Unfortunately we cannot add it to Emerald 8 :)

nbs_212
Total posts: 94
28 Mar 2013 22:13

Sergey,

Another approach is probably if you could apply Jommla ACL permission configuration into Emerald?, like what Cobalt7 have it. There for, I can configure backend ACL for special user to only have access for Emerald and Cobalt7 component (I have done it with Cobalt7).

Sergey
29 Mar 2013 00:23

(I have done it with Cobalt7)

Unfortunately it does not work in Cobalt 7 and even in Cobalt 8. Although you can see permission parameter group, right no it has no impact on Cobalt behaviour.

But we will try to utilize Joomla ACL in the subscriptions. In Other Words we will implement moving user from one group to another on subscription activation and deactivation. And then you will be able create groups and sett any access rights for those groups.

nbs_212
Total posts: 94
29 Mar 2013 05:28

As you can see in attached pic, I can configure backend only to show article and Cobalt component

but you were right,

looks like I'm happy too fast, I can add new field, create new type, new section and that's all, I cannot edit or delete it.

If you could utilize joomla ACL for subscription (emerald) and also cobalt to be have full access, that would be great. Thank you.

Sergey
29 Mar 2013 07:12

If you could utilize joomla ACL for subscription (emerald) and also cobalt to be have full access, that would be great. Thank you.

We will do it.