12 Dec 2012 14:44

I have a custom component that I built which displays information from tables. I would like to restrict access to this component using Emerald. Is this possible without any extra code? There are several AJAX requests to get data from a single page, so it is more than just a simple URL.

I am also planning on having multiple sets of data, each protected by a separate subscription plan. A user only buys subscriptions to the parts of the site he wants. Does Emerald allow a user to select multiple subscription plans and then check out?

Are there plans for Joomla 3.0 support?

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
12 Dec 2012 23:17

Emerald without extra coding is URL based restriction. It means it can protect only whole page. There is no way to protect AJAX loads also.

In your case I think you will have to add some codes. But fortunately it is not hard as Emerald has API methods to check for subscription.

Sergey
13 Dec 2012 23:16

Joomla 3.x support will come with Emerald 9 which is planned to be released in about 4 months.

There is an article how to integrate Mighty Membership. But the basis is the same. Later I will rewrite this article.

If you do not understand something just ask here.

03 Apr 2013 12:45

Is Emerald 9 (and Joomla 3 support) still planned for next month ?

Sergey
04 Apr 2013 03:12

Perhaps. But as usual I did not give any promise on that. We are doing all we can but work is moving slow.