28 Oct 2012 09:26

Hello,

On a client's site I'd like to upgrade to Emerald from Mighty Subscriptions. Their current Joomla 1.5 website is running in a subdirectory and I'd like to move the Joomla 2.5 website to the web root directory.

The website uses PayPal recurrent subscriptions. Will changing to the root directory cause problems with the PayPal IPN for existing recurrent subscription payments? If so, is there a workround, e.g. a directory redirect?

Best regards,

Terry

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
29 Oct 2012 11:14

Will changing to the root directory cause problems with the PayPal IPN for existing recurrent subscription payments?

Absolutely! Even if you do not move it to the root. Because name of the extension is changed to com_emerald. So URL is different. We would leave com_jcs with is inherited yet from JContentSubscription for Joomla 1.0 but new JED rules does not allow that. So we had to rename it.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
30 Oct 2012 23:26

I think the only what is to create small redirection plugin with would transfer all IPN requests to correct URL. In yoursubfolder, leave index.php and add there code with will check if it is a request with post data and to component com_jcs and task create, redirect to new URL including all post data.

Or, if redirect does not work wit IPN (i do not know how it would behave with redirects) just tri to include index.php of your new folder. But do not forget to change

$_GET['option'] = 'com_emerald;

$_GET['task'] = 'plans.create';

$_GET['processor'] = 'paypaypal';