06 Aug 2014 11:52

Hi Sergey,

Just starting out with Emerald 9...

Having read some of the comments relating to registration, I'd like to add my voice to the request to optionally include registration as part of the subscription process without having to 3 step

So, at present before they can buy a subscription my visitors will need to :-

1. Register with Joomla and activate their account.
  2. Then sign-in
  3. Then buy a subscription plan.

The desired behaviour on my site (and I'm sure others too) is:-

1. Choose a subscription level (eg: FREE, BRONZE, SILVER, GOLD)
  2. If free then register the user using fields supplied during the subscription check out register them in the Free user group.
  3. If paid then register the user if their payment is successful. Register them into a bronze, silver or gold usergroup.

Having a 3 step process is painful and the core user registration for Joomla is one of the CMS's weakest points, so if you do implement this the please also provide the option to register using email address only. Most modern websites don't work with usernames they are email address and password. I hate Joomla's user registration restrictions with a passion!

Last Modified: 11 Aug 2014

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
06 Aug 2014 14:38

• 1. Choose a subscription level (eg: FREE, BRONZE, SILVER, GOLD)
  • 2. If free then register the user using fields supplied during the subscription check out register them in the Free user group.
  • 3. If paid then register the user if their payment is successful. Register them into a bronze, silver or gold usergroup.
  • "... Emerald 9 has brand new feature to subscribe during registration. Traditionally Emerald had no such a feature, but if we do something, we do the best.

Independent of means of registration
    Emerald does not handle registration. It is integrated with other registration components. Register through standard Joomla registration form, EasySocial, JomSocial coming soon, Community Builder coming soon. You can use your favorite registration/profile extension and still have this feature;

Automatic user account confirmation
    Emerald may automatically confirm user account on success payment even before user confirmed his email address;

Auto login
    If user account confirmed, Emerald may automatically login user upon return from payment gateway;

Keep accounts
    Emerald will not delete user account after subscription expires. It will simply turn it into require new subscription state;

Multiple plans
    Although user select only one plan during registration, later he may add another plans too. No need to register another account or change plan. Subscribe to unlimited plans simultaneously;

Scam protection
    Emerald will not allow user to continue until subscription is purchased;
    ..."

Related docs - Subscription during Registration

pepperstreet VIP
    Total posts: 3,837
    06 Aug 2014 14:48

Guest please also provide the option to register using email address only. Most modern websites don't work with usernames they are email address and password. I hate Joomla's user registration restrictions with a passion!

Actually, Emerald is not responsible for the registration process/method. You may use any Joomla registration or bigger community extension.

In regards of Joomla core registration, there are many different FREE extensions that may help.

hakana VIP
    Total posts: 425
    06 Aug 2014 19:50

Hi Guest,

By a small modification on Ajax register component by Emir Sakic, I have managed an super easy registration flow. Please contact Emir to get help about what you desire, my site already works so.

Sergey
    Total posts: 13,748
    07 Aug 2014 00:37

We also have new concept called RDS (Registration during subscription) For that you only need to eneable it in the plan. Then user just eneter email and process to purchase and account will be created automaticaly. No registration required at all.

bonzomedia VIP
    Total posts: 39
    11 Aug 2014 10:11

Sergey We also have new concept called RDS (Registration during subscription) For that you only need to eneable it in the plan. Then user just eneter email and process to purchase and account will be created automaticaly. No registration required at all.

OK - I totally missed this.

Having enabled this in my plans I can see that this is SO close to what I need!

However, as I want to use a combination of Emerald's Restrictions AND Joomla's front-end ACL, what I can't do is to specify which Joomla Group the user registration is created in.

For example for Free Plan signups I want the user to be added into Registered->Free, for paid, I'd like Registered->Bronze, Registered->Silver and Registered-Gold.

Adding the user assignment Group into the Plan parameters would be perfect!

Thanks for you help!

Sergey
    Total posts: 13,748
    11 Aug 2014 11:05

You can use user group action. This action will move users to Joomla groups acording to purchased plan.