01 Aug 2012 10:24

I tested page load speed of Cobalt single article on Joomla 2.5

Result 11 sec load time first test, 9 sec load time second test.

I test same article on Standard webpage with jcomments enabled.

Result first test page load time 6.8 secs, second test 4.8 secs

Same website, same test facility, same article, same googleads and links.

How can I get page load speed below 3secs?

The problem is that the Google search result preview is incomplete, showing only part of a page, giving a bad impression and very few click throughs.

My goal is to have fast loading Joomla site with responsive template for all users, including mobile.

I was hoping Cobalt could do this, but it appears it is actually slower to load than standard Joomla.

Have I done something wrong? or are there compression options that will help?

Last Modified: 26 Aug 2022

clowride VIP
Total posts: 1,022
01 Aug 2012 10:44

do you have lot of fields?.

Sackgesicht VIP
Total posts: 1,636
01 Aug 2012 12:11

If you have a setup, to display an empty Joomla site and then display a page with cobalt, the cobalt page will always add something time to the Joomla page, since it runs under the Joomla setup.

Your page load time depends on a lot of different parameters like the technical specifications of your webserver, the physical location, the connectivity of your hoster, the installed software and its configuration, the installed template and usage of accelerator tools, your content, your own internet connectivity and even the technical specs of your PC among others.

**Every **component under Joomla will add a little time to the page creation.

As said before, there are many things to do to tune your setup.

A page display under 3 sec can be achieved. In my demo setup the list view display of 1 Cobalt section under a Rockettheme template with a TYPE of 8 fields (child, 2 x date, status, 2 x upload, digits and text) takes 0.664 sec.

and to display a single record including activated comments and nonumber tabber --> 0.472 sec.

No compression or Joomla caching activated as of the moment.

I would suggest to look into general Joomla/setup optimisation, Cobalt will benefit from this automatically.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
02 Aug 2012 00:32

Could you tell me more about your test environment. How may concurrent queries you have run?

But what I can tell you for sure that you will never go less that Joomla core page.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
06 Aug 2012 21:40

If you 2 test urls is live and both on the same server you can rub 'ab' command to bechmark

$> ab -n 100 -c 10 http://you.com/url

This will show you Apache benchmark results. More informative and correct.

08 Aug 2012 04:59

thanks, will try that

killersmile
Total posts: 121
26 Aug 2022 12:49

Interesting site i love it keep posting more! kitchen renovation