11 Jul 2012 08:37

How to translate "There are no articles here. Be first who post here" in category, ican´t find it

Last Modified: 08 Jul 2022

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
11 Jul 2012 10:34

Opc! We missed it. I will add language key to next version (as usual on Friday).

steve1084 VIP
Total posts: 67
23 Aug 2012 07:04

What is the best way to do Auto language translation. All the Auto google translation tools i have tried dont work with the fields. Does Joomfish work. Is Manual translation the only viable option. What tools are available for making translation files.

Sergey
23 Aug 2012 08:12

There is translation going on on transfix

https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/Cobalt-Joomla-cck/

steve1084 VIP
23 Aug 2012 16:30

No chinese, korean, japanese or malaysian

Are there any auto translators that work properly with fields

whats the best way to do multi language translation

What tools are available to help in this process

steve1084 VIP
23 Aug 2012 20:36

I tryed installing the free russian language file and it seemed to install properly but when I went to the language manager i get an error message. Can you help with this as once it is working I can use as a template to make other language files.

Failed loading XML file

/home/homestay/public_html/homestay1/language/ru-RU/ru-RU.xml

XML: failed to load external entity "/home/homestay/public_html/homestay1/language/ru-RU/ru-RU.xml"

Sergey
23 Aug 2012 21:07

This is error because you do not have russian language in general joomla and installed only Cobalt russian files. Here is Russian language Joomla pack.

steve1084 VIP
23 Aug 2012 21:38

Thankyou Sergey

so one must have first joomla language files and then cobolt ok. Is there any easier way to do this as its very tedious work making language files.

Thanks

Steve

Sergey
23 Aug 2012 22:15

There is a way of you translate it with Google and then simple upload translated files to transifex. I do not know any other automation way.

What language do you need?

steve1084 VIP
24 Aug 2012 02:08

Its a fully international website but to start with I need Chinese then later I will add Hindi, Korean, Portuguese, Malaysian. These represent the largest groups of international students. After this I need German, french and then everyone else eventually ending up with all languages. Yes I can use google, and I will test a chinese file I have created later today. In google translate i use the russian language files. I copied all the contents of each file one by one and translated the russian to chinese and this left the english unchanged. But I am waiting for a chinese friend to have a look at the files and see if it was ok or not. and then I will test them. I will let you know in a day or two if it worked. or what issues i had.

heravinluca
Total posts: 1
08 Jul 2022 01:57

This is a really important topic. Thanks for this comment 1v1 battle