18 Apr 2012 07:17

It would be a great idea if a Category view menu item type was added.

Now the category module links to categories within a section but if someone wants to style their site so that he has Category links in this top level menu it cannot be done which is very limiting when it comes to styling the site navigation.

Last Modified: 26 Jul 2023

Official Answer

It is very easy.

1. You create list to section.

2. Then you open section

3. You copy category link you want

4. Create external link menu element type

Why? Because problems with ItemID. If you do it through parameter then every category will have different Itmeid. And that will lat to all sort of troubles like double URLs or hi server resources consumption.

19 Apr 2012 01:02

Zdravstvuj Sergey and thank you so much for responding to my post :)

I am not sure if I understand your response entirely thou. Do you mean adding a filter parameter to the Section view list as that would of course create a mess and complicate things. What I meant was: Create a whole new menu view dedicated to the category same as the one Joomla is using for category blog view but, perhaps I am wrong because I am not good with coding.

I have tested all of the CCK's available at the moment and almost started developing an app for SeBlod but when I tested your Beta version IMHO SeBlod is still a child compared to Cobalt 7 and what you are trying to build with it. So....

Today I made a decision I would rather create a Directory Section Pack for Cobalt instead!! Why? because Cobalt developer (You) actually includes features a modern directory must have :D

But.... There are so many features and so little documentation to help me understand everything and plan structure accordingly.

As I am sure you know: a Real Estate directory for example has

1. Multiple property Types located in multiple cities/states/(countries even)

2. It uses Google maps Feature too

So....Assuming that multiple property types can be added to a single category thus leading to a structure kind of like this:

Types:

House

Unit

Land

Category:

Country/State/City

Is the above structure correct or you propose something different?

Assuming that above structure is correct than the end user will have to enter a category Australia/NSW/Sydney but if we are making use of Google Maps they he will have to repeat all that infomation in his address for Google maps use?

Second and most improtant as Cobalt 7 is still in beta/preview stage there doesnt seem to be a subscribtion plan available for support so I am a bit scared to start developing without both support and documentation....Is there any support available at the moment if I start developing on a live domain so there is remote access available for Mint team.

Third.... How far away are you from a stable release....3 months, 6 months? I am happy to help with testing or even some documentation as I learn things along the way, I just need ot know that there is light at the end of the tunnel however long the tunnel is if you know what I mean :)

05 Oct 2012 08:06

This is really not professional way to provide link to category and not at all SEF compliant.

faulknernolan
Total posts: 1
07 Jul 2022 09:15

I am extremely appreciative of this beautiful subject fall guys

southernbelle
Total posts: 1
15 Jul 2022 09:47

well this would best be falling into the category of integrated environment which is the hybrid modulator axis. As an analyst from paper writing service cheap in a broader sense any weapon combined with elements unique to another instruments or other implement could be called a combination instruments

killersmile
Total posts: 121
26 Aug 2022 12:47

Interesting site i love it keep posting more! kitchen remodel

among1
Total posts: 11
03 Nov 2022 09:21

I really like this new version, with many very nice features. if you have time visit: poppy playtime

lily167
Total posts: 14
26 Jul 2023 03:34

That was very helpful, and I appreciate your teaching me. Your blog posts are top notch in every way. You made available for public consumption a blog entry that, albeit lengthy, was incredibly interesting and useful. capybara clicker game