22 Oct 2013 12:24

I am using Cobalt 7.51 and am a new user. This is a fantastic component, by the way.

When I use IE8, I get the following error regarding the filters template:

Message: HTML Parsing Error: Unable to modify the parent container element before the child element is closed (KB927917)

Line: 0

Char: 0

Code: 0

It was reported that this was fixed and to update the filter template. How do I update the filter template to fix this problem?

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
23 Oct 2013 00:44

To update, simply instal latest version over in Joomla. If you made custom filter template, then you will have to create another one based on default.

I also need URL to check.

Sergey
24 Oct 2013 00:50

Then give us URL so we could check and debug it online.

30 Oct 2013 12:34

Unfortunately the site is internal and behind our firewall. Here's a little more information using Firebug in Firefox.

The console error is:

SyntaxError: unterminated string literal

...["5", "Key Documents", "Key Documents", "<span class=\"list-element\">Key Docume...

With an arrow pointing to the quote before <span...

This seems to correspond to somewhere around line 270 in com_cobalt/library/php/html/mrelements.php

Sergey
31 Oct 2013 00:41

Where is Key Documents from? tags? Field? Filters? On what page it shows article lists? Full article? Edit form?

31 Oct 2013 05:39

Key Documents is a category name but it wasn't listed on a lot of the category pages I was looking at. Your question did help me solve that error, which turns out to not be related to the original problem. In this case, there was something wrong with the category. Deleting it and recreating that one category fixed the error I was seeing in Firebug. I did a lot of moving and renaming categories in the very beginning of learning cobalt 7 so something got corrupted.

The original problem still remains though and occurs on every page where I have a filter using the default filter template.

Sergey
31 Oct 2013 22:55

Then I would suggest simply do not use autocomplete for filters. Change that in markdown template parameters and set something like select or checkboxes.