15 May 2013 16:38

Hi,

I ve got little bugs !

1 - Maybe it's normal but I can't add new record in backend (no icon "New" )

2 - More annoying : In backend, if I want to edit a record, it start opening popup window and then become white page (not in administrator folder !!) with a connexion module, so I enter my login/pw and then type 'administrator' in URL, go back to records and click to edit and then it works !? not very usefull !

3 - On editing record in backend, the only button available on popup window are 'apply' or ' cancel' but there's no 'save and exit' , why ?

So I apply, wait 5 seconds, and close, then if I refresh backend records page, I have a padlock on edited record and need to click on it for saving record definitly !

Is it the way to save edited record ?

I'm sorry but as I used 'mighty resources' wich gave me satisfaction, I find Cobalt a bit more difficult to understand even if it's seems to be almost same .

Thanks for reply

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
16 May 2013 01:21

this is how it works. There is no ne button in backend. You can only add records from frontend.

2 - More annoying : In backend, if I want to edit a record, it start opening popup window and then become white page (not in administrator folder !!) with a connexion module, so I enter my login/pw and then type 'administrator' in URL, go back to records and click to edit and then it works !? not very usefull !

That is because edit actually opens edit layout on frontend in popup. In Cobalt 9 edit button wil be deprecated.

3 - On editing record in backend, the only button available on popup window are 'apply' or ' cancel' but there's no 'save and exit' , why ?

Depends on you form template settings.

So I apply, wait 5 seconds, and close, then if I refresh backend records page, I have a padlock on edited record and need to click on it for saving record definitly !

Yes, that is not good. We recommend to manage your records from frontend since Cobalt is totally frontend oriented article manager. You will have to get used to it for a while. But after you've done, you will appreciate it even more.

So the key in Cobalt - Manage your articles from frontend.

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
28 May 2013 07:50

1 - ...

2 - ... More annoying ...

3 - ... no 'save and exit' ... I have a padlock on edited record ...

Although, I am a big fan of Cobalt and longtime user of ME Resources... I totally agree with "Euro De Merde" :S ._.

1 - ...

2 - ... More annoying ...

3 - ... no 'save and exit' ... I have a padlock on edited record ...

...You will have to get used to it for a while. But after you've done, you will appreciate it even more. So the key in Cobalt - Manage your articles from frontend.

Don´t get me wrong, Sergey. I really do appreciate your efforts and that we have an outstanding product like Cobalt in the J! world.

But the (admin) UX is somewhat strange. Especially in regards of J! behavior and given standards. I know, we already discussed those issues in other topics... but "Euro De Merde" complaints a typical example for an experienced J! user. Not to mention what a new user might think.

Again, i really like the product and possibilities, but I will never get used to this special admin behavior and cut-down standard features.

Sergey
29 May 2013 02:08

but I will never get used to this special admin behavior

Never say never :)

I understand. I know that it is intuitive for Joomla to work in backend and sometimes more productive. But as I have already mentioned we have complicated system of Audit trail delete/restore and version control. And it will be very hard for us to support the same functionality in Backend and frontend. :(

Sackgesicht VIP
Total posts: 1,636
29 May 2013 02:37

You will have to get used to it for a while. But after you've done, you will appreciate it even more.

Agree.

The only time i went to the article backend (records) was, when i had to checkin records ... with the new cron functionality i dont use the backend for data manipulation anymore ...

Exception would be a mass change (batch operations) option like move from one to another category ... hoping that Cobalt 9 will get stronger in this area.

Sergey
29 May 2013 03:06

Exception would be a mass change (batch operations) option like move from one to another category ... hoping that Cobalt 9 will get stronger in this area.

I think so. :)