05 Nov 2012 20:57

Can this be done? Want User to have their own home page that no other users can view...

Last Modified: 26 Jan 2015

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
05 Nov 2012 22:43

I think yes. You turn off personalisation. Then user name is not a link any more to user homepage. But user still have menu to access his homepage for management.

In other words, home page is always there no matter what. And personalisation parameter just allow users to share it.

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
06 Nov 2012 21:03

Another approach (without user categories). I assume, you want to restrict the complete page/article...

You can restrict the ACCESS to the complete page/article/record, and set a DEFAULT ACCESS level on submission. See type parameters in the following example...

Example - Private Page:

• Create a SECTION "Private Pages"
  • Create a TYPE with your desired FIELDS
  • Set TYPE Submission Parameters > Submission Behaviour > Who can view > SPECIAL

Do you need a list of all pages?

You can show all pages in a list view. But you can restrict the access to the details as well. A list view can be visible to a certain Joomla group. See Section parameter "Show restricted records in the list".

You can adjust what is visible on the list, and what is visible on the full view. Just how/hide any field respectively. See each field > General parameters > General Properties.

Do you need a limit of pages per user?

You can set the respective Section parameter! So, each user can submit and edit 1 article/page.

Hope this helps.

07 Nov 2012 21:26

I send the user to their home page... from there they will have a menu to select from for their content (these do not need to be private... the Home page has items which must not be shown to other registered users.

Sergey
07 Nov 2012 21:28

Home page has items which must not be shown to other registered users.

Please more on this. Which items?

07 Nov 2012 21:30

I have a list of URLs that are specific to each user. They are links to surveys... that are confidential and anonymous...

07 Nov 2012 21:35

It is like a landing page where they can start before proceeding to take multiple surveys assigned to them

07 Nov 2012 21:37

the Landing page gives them status updates when they complete a survey

Sergey
08 Nov 2012 07:47

You have to set by default articles created with access special. Then users will see only their own records.

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
08 Nov 2012 13:49

You have to set by default articles created with access special. Then users will see only their own records.

@D J

Remember to use the latest Cobalt update (released today!). Because this default parameter had a little bug.