16 Dec 2020 04:25

I was looking at my users list and noticed 4 users all created at the same time, with email addresses like This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. Especially concerning is that two of these users were named "Super User" but fortunately did not actually have super user privileges. I understand that this is probably for support purposes, but if the plugin succeeded in creating these super user accounts, it would be a huge security issue. This absolutely must be an optional thing, especially with the intent of creating what is basically a backdoor into sites with Cobalt installed.

Last Modified: 02 Sep 2021

Giorgi625 VIP
Total posts: 655
17 Dec 2020 13:24

have you installed forum or some other pack? This users come with packs. it is something like quickstart, you can simply delete them. users are not added if you install only clean Cobalt.

20 Dec 2020 02:03

It must have been the forum pack. Are these users supposed to be dummy users or something?

Giorgi625 VIP
Total posts: 655
20 Dec 2020 17:26

yes they are dummy, there is no risk having them, but you can easily remove them becasue they are connected only to demo forum posts which you do not need