26 Feb 2018 20:48

Hi alltogher, first i really like cobalt and its working like a charm for me.

I try to create a Website where you can create sequences of a event.
like a big database for sequences for creating a good event.
So i create one Type + Section Sequence and one Type and Section Event e.g.

Sequence 1
Title: Band
requires: 3 Microphones, 1 Amp, ...

Sequence 2
Title: Comedy
requires: 1 Microphones, 1 Table, 1 Chair

Events should now look like

Event 1
Title Concert
Schedule: Band, Band2, Band5
(Multiselect field)

The output should now something like

Title: Band2
requires: 1 Microphones, 2 Monitors
Title: Band 5
requires: 3 Microphones, 3 DI Box

I only managed to creat a Multiselect field which produces links
but not merge these fields toghether.

Is there a way to achive this with cobalt?

Even better would be.. if i could "selective" merge fields...

So that i can get something like

requires: 3 Microphones, 3 DI Box,
3 Microphones, 1 Amp, ...
1 Microphones, 2 Monitors

Do you have any idea how to achive this?

So a litte bit like a cooking recepi for events ;-) - that would be the best thing :)
- Any suggestions are welcome

Greetings

Last Modified: 07 Mar 2018

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
27 Feb 2018 18:20

Hello "Guest", it was difficult to read your post. So I have edited it slightly to get some "line breaks". Not your fault, the editor text area can be tricky. "Markup" is quite easy to use, but the text is not wrapping into the next line if you enter a single "return". It looks correct while editing, but not after saving the topic.

Tips: Use 1 extra empty line for a paragraph, or enter 2 spaces at the end of your line to force a "break".

BTW, if you register a free user/forum account, you can easily track your topics and comments. Sideeffect: We don't speak to an unknown guest anymore ;)

Paradoxon VIP
Total posts: 2
28 Feb 2018 07:39

pepperstreet Hello "Guest", it was difficult to read your post. So I have edited it slightly to get some "line breaks". Not your fault, the editor text area can be tricky. "Markup" is quite easy to use, but the text is not wrapping into the next line if you enter a single "return". It looks correct while editing, but not after saving the topic.

Tips: Use 1 extra empty line for a paragraph, or enter 2 spaces at the end of your line to force a "break".

BTW, if you register a free user/forum account, you can easily track your topics and comments. Sideeffect: We don't speak to an unknown guest anymore ;)

Actually i registered before... but i forgot to login :)
thanks for editing

pepperstreet VIP
01 Mar 2018 19:15

Paradoxon Actually i registered before... but i forgot to login :)

Haha, I know what you are talking of ;)

Regarding your initial question, I am not sure I got the whole idea. As far as I understand from your description, you might need some sort of "relation". You want to enter 1 type of data (sequences) and later display that data into another record/section (with type event). Right?

You might have a look into Cobalt Type as Comment, or the more powerful Relation fields. The latter ones allow to connect data in a parent/child relation. Relation can be added in frontend through AJAX, so no opening/editing of the actual record is needed.

Hope this makes sense.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
04 Mar 2018 13:06

To answer your question I need to understand why simple textarea with

requires: 1 Microphones, 2 Monitors
requires: 3 Microphones, 3 DI Box

Does nto work for you? If this is what finaly end user see, why do not enter this way?

I need to know what you want to have as constants. For example Bands. Every even can have same bands so you do not want to enter them, but just select?

Not to waste your time I'll give you answer how i see it but please, note I do not understand what you need clearly.

1. You create type Event to pe parent of stage
  2. You create type Stage to be child of parent.
  3. In type Stage you create fields Band (Select), Microphones (Digit), Monitors (Digit), ....

Now you can attach as many Stages to event with that info.

Paradoxon VIP
Total posts: 2
06 Mar 2018 07:56

After the hint witht he relation fileds i bought a plan.. and now i use the relations fields. and its working.

But is there a way to calculate Values?

E.g. i added Duration (digits) to the Sequenze.

So now it would be perfekt, when i add several Sequenzes to the Event (via parent child relation), if i could add a filed which will add all Durations to get the duration of the whole event

pepperstreet VIP
07 Mar 2018 19:07

Paradoxon But is there a way to calculate Values?

Not by configuration, except for ratings.

Apart from that you can use javascript or php in your template.
I would try to sum the digit field values with PHP...