• Home
  • Support
  • Forum
  • Cobalt 8
  • Fatal error: Call to undefined method Mint::markdown() in /home/language/public_html/components/com_cobalt/models/form.php on line 170

03 Aug 2016 21:54

Hello to all. I searched into the forum and found nothing similar. My problem is when publishing the joomla menu to list of cobalt component and the home category to section "international"

Line 170 is $table->description = JHtml::('content.prepare', Mint::markdown(Mint::($table->description)));

Any ideas to solution?

Last Modified: 29 Jan 2020

jordantsap
Total posts: 10
04 Aug 2016 09:30

Guest Hello to all. I searched into the forum and found nothing similar. My problem is when publishing the joomla menu to list of cobalt component and the home category to section "international"

Line 170 is $table->description = JHtml::('content.prepare', Mint::markdown(Mint::($table->description)));

Any ideas to solution?

Guest and jordan tsap updated: **Commenting that line makes the error disappear but i suppose that some other function is not working too? Does anyybody know what other functions will be effected?

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
09 Aug 2016 04:44

This is strange. Try to add this

jimport('mint.helper');

At the top of that file.

jordantsap
Total posts: 10
14 Aug 2016 10:12

That did not help at all. After adding this line in bottom of the existing "jimports":

jimport('mint.helper'); jimport('joomla.application.component.modelform'); jimport('joomla.application.component.modeladmin'); it gives me the same error

Any ideas?

Sergey
16 Aug 2016 08:27

Check if you have this file libraries/mint/helper.php and if it contains markdown() method.

darkhoros VIP
Total posts: 152
02 Dec 2017 14:21

HI, I am having this same issue at one of my websites, and I have the markdown() method in the mentioned file. What may be the error cause and how do I fix it. All started when trying to upgarde to latest cobalt 8 edition.

Thank you.

Sergey
07 Dec 2017 14:32

Do you have jimport('mint.helper'); in components/com_cobalt/models/form.php?

Sergey
04 Apr 2018 11:14

Should be.

15 Jan 2020 09:15

I got same problem: Fatal error: Call to undefined function Markdown() in \components\com_cobalt\fields\textarea\textarea.php on line 121

I got this problem in Calendar and Gallery of Cobalt 8.

Sergey
29 Jan 2020 07:29

Guest I got same problem: Fatal error: Call to undefined function Markdown() in \components\com_cobalt\fields\textarea\textarea.php on line 121

I got this problem in Calendar and Gallery of Cobalt 8.

DO you have Emerald also installed? I suggest that you update Cobalt.