11 Apr 2013 23:51

Hi Sergey,

Records without a time in the date field are displayed with a wrong date.

e.g. February 3, 2013 is shown as February 2, 2013 in the Timeline.

Once I enable time and set the time to 12:00, the correct date is shown in the Timeline.

A solution might be to set the default time for timeless dates to 12:00 hrs?

BTW:

I can't figure out how to set a custom date field as date field in the Timeline, which uses the record's creation time. You could override the creation time in the edit field settings, but then the expiration time feature becomes useless if dates are created many years in the past :(

Best regards,

Jeffery

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
12 Apr 2013 05:35

Fixed in next update.

, but then the expiration time feature becomes useless if dates are created many years in the past

You can use dates without expiration. Just the place at some time in the past. If there is no expiration then there is not line. But also I do not completely understand what you mean.

12 Apr 2013 10:49

Hi Sergey,

That is good news!

I've got a temporary workaround to display the correct date in the timeline.

In the Field Override Settings:

Ctime modification value: +12 hour

which adds 12 hours to the date, even when no time input is required.

Ctime modification value: +12 hour

You can use dates without expiration. Just the place at some time in the past. If there is no expiration then there is not line. But also I do not completely understand what you mean.

Ok, I'll try to explain.

I want records to expire automatically 30 days after creation.

Each record has several custom date fields (for example: "discovery date").

The Timeline view doesn't accept custom dates, so I've set the "discovery date" field to "Override record create time".

Wouldn't a record with "discovery date"=1889 already be expired once it is published?

I think so. If I just could use "discovery date" as the date field for the Timeline view, then no override is needed.

Best regards,

Jeff

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
14 Apr 2013 23:08

Added to next Cobalt update on Thursday.

15 Apr 2013 00:24

Sergey = Superstar :D

Best Regards,

Jeff