26 Jan 2013 11:01

Maybe you know about Drupal can be used to create native mobile apps just like ios apps or Android apps for different platform,iphone/ipad/Android mobile,so i want to know if Cobalt have a plan to develop such a fuction for the CCK in the future.Like Drupal we can use Cobalt as the backend for mobile application development. Cobalt can contain our content, business logic, user management, and search functionality,also Cobalt integration with Phonegap as Drupal Plugin for PhoneGap for iOS,PhoneGap module which provides both an Android application and a Drupal 7 module for creating/browsing nodes from PhoneGap and DrupalGap.If Cobalt can make it too,i believe it is really amazing~~In JED there are only very few Joomla! modules or components can do the similar function,but most of them are web apps,not native mobile apps,except ijoomer and Xapp,but it is not the ideal style and model i think,right now web apps and mobile apps are both important for us,and the native mobile apps just like ios and android are the most potential platform.I donot know why joomla lack of this aspect.You,Cobalt,i think the real best CCK of joomla,and you have integrate with jomsocial,if you can have the funciton like Drupal as a native mobile app CCK,i think more and more user will chose Cobalt,by the way because they have no chice if you have done,if they want to use joomla to make this function:)

Last Modified: 18 Jun 2017

clowride VIP
Total posts: 1,022
26 Jan 2013 14:57

it is a special feature, i use Seblod CCK too for my business , they are well know and they want build such feature only as custom solution. for Zoo, K2 and sobi pro, that is not in their Roadmap (i'will post there link in their forum about this feature request)

build such solution cost money and i think cobalt team are focus to have stable version of cobalt 8

This idea is really good for sure, but i think it is for custom development

best regards

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
26 Jan 2013 22:43

If you mean to use Cobalt DB as server data storage and Joomla as datamanager, then all you need is Restfull API to create native mobile app. By native I mean use Objective C for iphone and Java for android.

clowride VIP
27 Jan 2013 01:30

47 votes for a topic since yesterday ??? :O

clowride VIP
27 Jan 2013 01:34

why do not requested an integration with Ijoomla, i have just see they already have Sobi, J review, etc... ? no what do you think ?

clowride VIP
27 Jan 2013 01:35

euh ijoomler sorry

Webmaker VIP
Total posts: 9
05 Mar 2013 21:01

Seems to me that you could just use a set of responsive templates to accomplish a cross platform app. That is pretty simple these days.. be sides that. people are trying to move away from platform specific apps. Look at it this way if you want an installable app just for iphone. The only thing that your code would require is a simple iframe load. Using this method you build once on a web based structure, and just create the installable versions for each phone that you want to support... Ofcourse, I am looking at this in a different way... but much more viable....

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
30 Apr 2013 12:48

Personally i tend to go the responsive cross-browser way.

@Clowride

You mean iJoomer

I guess, they do not know anything about Cobalt, yet. We should knock at their door ;-)

25 Jul 2013 10:08

Are there any responsive templates that work with cobalt 8?

I've installed a few, but cobalt is just too wide (e.g. article list).

Thanks.