16 Jan 2013 17:39

I would like to have my users register at the same time on the same page as they fill out a form from cobalt 8. May you please tell me the steps I need to take to achieve this?

Community Builder is installed and ready along with Co8. Thanks in advance.

Last Modified: 15 May 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
16 Jan 2013 22:37

But why not to allow CB to create user profile.

Because even if you manage to add article as profile, then it will not be visible in CB profile. As I know you may add different fields in CB for registration. And thus create user profile.

Can you tell why you want to use Cobalt as profile?

17 Jan 2013 08:49

Because CB does not have all the advance search I need for the info submitted and I need to tie an audio file they will upload to the user profile.

Can you tell why you want to use Cobalt as profile?

It is very hard to explain without showing you what I am building. I will try.

I want public users to be able to register to the site and complete their first and only record to the site at the same time.

So the registration form will also hold and upload field for them to upload their audio file. Like this:

Name:

Email:

Username:

Password:

Verify Password:

[large check box field with many options that I will be able to run advance search on later]

[upload field where the public user will upload audio file]

Submit button to register.

Then they will get the confirmation email with link to click for activation.

Then all info is held and not published until I approve

In the previous cck I used there was an option to create a field in the cck and have that field act as simple user profile. In other words I could create the

Name:

Email:

Username:

Password:

Verify Password:

fields in the cck so I could collect them or have the public register at the time they submit the only article they will ever submit to the site.I do not need something so big like CB but since Co8 does not allow simple username and password info the be collected and used as user profile it seems I must use oth CB and Co8 together.

I hope that answers your questions.

Sergey
18 Jan 2013 05:58

We can add event and with simple plugin you will be able to create profile after submit Cobalt article. But profile involves much more than registration form. Later user have to see his profile somewhere. how do you do this system from cobalt is the other question.

That is because, although Cobalt is excellent form builder, it is not profiling system.

It will require so much coding to accomplish it that with the same efforts you better create audio field for CB. And that will hold everything you need for profile.

What do you think?

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
18 Jan 2013 13:17

We can add event and with simple plugin you will be able to create profile after submit Cobalt article.

I am interested as well. Many other "form builders" offers a joomla registration option or a plugin that makes it possible to register via the 3rd-party component. I would like to see something in Cobalt.

@bradnewman6

if you stick with CB, did you try to use CBgallery ? It has a file mode in options. Maybe it accepts audio-formats. Drawback: It has no player, so the browser has to use a plugin. Alterantively, you may use another J! audio plugin... that runs in a CBdelimiter HTML description?!

No fields on registration, but there are other CB audio plugins that give you a CB tab with player and upload. i.e. CB Player, CB Music etc.

18 Jan 2013 16:00

We can add event and with simple plugin you will be able to create profile after submit Cobalt article.

Perhaps me using profile is the wrong word. They just need to be able to register and submit the article at the same time. I know several sites where this register and submit at same time are needed on.

Later user have to see his profile somewhere.

Simple - This would be no different that a regualr Joomla user who edit their profile via joomlas user manager>user profile. A plug in like you speak of could read and write this info! In addition in my case users only submit one record/ article and this will act as profile, so when they login to edit this record/ article they can click the gear icon to edit their info in Co8 and edit away. Just like they would edit any other post on a larger site.

Can we do this? Please!

Sergey
19 Jan 2013 07:33

I'll think but this is not easy.

stblink VIP
Total posts: 501
19 Jan 2013 13:42

submitting a C8 record first, and next register ? This does not set the record owner to the J! user created afterwards, or does it?

What would happen if the user after inserting the record just closed the site, how would we know if he registered ?

Sackgesicht VIP
Total posts: 1,636
19 Jan 2013 15:37

@stblink

I think what Sergey was trying to explain was following scenario:

1) Not registered user fills out form (with registration relevant info) and after submitting article, the user record will be created by the plugin and the just created Cobalt article (under unique new user id) will be assigned (adjusted) to this newly created Joomla user id. A matter of some SQL queries.

stblink VIP
19 Jan 2013 17:01

that would be great... registration fields with acess only to public.

Although the plugin should interact with Joomla registration and not just inserting the values into jos_users table, speaking about the confirmation e-mail link for example.

Sergey
20 Jan 2013 01:53

The problem is that how do we use it later? how can we show it in profile if it is simply user article.

Sergey
21 Jan 2013 00:25

Sorry, did not understand the issue. Can you explain in other words?

I mean what a sence to have user profile information stored in Cobalt article? How you can show it in profile? The fields like age, gender, ... it should be accessible somewhere except edit form.

Sergey
21 Jan 2013 21:22

I understand, but if we create something we have to make solution universal. It is not the case that it is not needed in this case. We have to see were it will go. What people will start to ask us after we release it.

And I somehow believe that ability to show it in User profile will the first request by Clowride. And then we go.

My point is, that if we just make something that stblink whats, it is custom development. If it is something available foe everyone it is something universal and flexible. I mean I canot add feature based on single user case. i have to consider how others will benefit and who they will utilize it.

Sergey
22 Jan 2013 09:11

NP, agree with you.

NP, agree with you.

with info to be shown in "joomlas user manager>user profile" and edit of article

You see Maik! That is what I was talking about. people will not stop on just ability to register through Cobalt. They will need more like this, to see that date in joomla user manager for example.

@Everyone

Why not just allow everyone do it's own job? let CCK create content and registration extensions register users? because I know if we start doing something that Cobalt act as registration there are hundreds of issues. We had mighty registration I know what I am taking about.

I have a solution maybe. What we can do is the article requirement plugin. This plugin will check that currently loged in user has at least one article in given section. And if not, no matter what link he licks he always will be redirected to submission form. But registration is standard or JomSocial or CB or whatever.

What do you think?

Sergey
22 Jan 2013 20:52

You won! I am giving up! I'll do this.

I am gona create field called register. You just add this field to Cobalt. If user is public it will show email, user name (or only email if email is username or not even email if there is email field in artile) password and repeat password. Small set of fields to get registered.

When user submit article if he is registered, those fields will act as login or it will create account and set this article to this user.

It is like add article and get account at the same time.

Sergey
23 Jan 2013 09:49

I had made a field. Please anyone contact me on skype serhioromano so i could give it for test till tomorrow release.

I wont be asking for anything extra. :-)

Why not. I like when you people ask for different things and keep me busy :)

stblink VIP
23 Jan 2013 10:59

You guys Rock, literally!

How do you plan to handle the "confirmation link sent to e-mail" option (if there will be any option for it).

Will this be a J!User integration or CB User profile Integration ?

When user submit article if he is registered, those fields will act as login or it will create account and set this article to this user.

This way it will have no Emerald Integration, correct? Unless this feature would be addapted to Emerald (option to register and choose subscription on the same form) is included in Emerald as an option.

Sergey
23 Jan 2013 22:55

Thanks :D, If you had not yet made review on JED, this is how you can express your appreciation :)

How do you plan to handle the "confirmation link sent to e-mail" option (if there will be any option for it).

This will use Joomla core mechanism to register and auto login user. As for now best way is to turn activation off and allow registered users to be active immediately. Later we may add those options to the field and override Joomla settings. Because if you are not properly loged in you cannot add article. So if there is activation, you will have to confirm your email before you may continue.

It is neither JS or CB because there will not be any additions fields from those extensions but of course users are all in the same DB so if you have CB then there is profile for that user as well.

This way it will have no Emerald Integration, correct? Unless this feature would be addapted to Emerald (option to register and choose subscription on the same form) is included in Emerald as an option.

yes there is no Emerald integration. That is because in order to get subscription you have to be registered user and this is only registration field. And we вщ тще have subscription during registration scheme in emerald.

stblink VIP
24 Jan 2013 08:25

Yes i promise i will write review on JED :)

And we вщ тще have subscription during registration scheme in emerald.

Sorry there's russian writing in this sentence. But i believe you say that you will integrate an option so that during registration the user is allowed to choose subscription ?

thanks

Sergey
24 Jan 2013 08:30

Sorry there's russian writing in this sentence. But i believe you say that you will integrate an option so that during registration the user is allowed to choose subscription ?

In fact I was trying to say absolutely oposite :D. That is language auto switch. I was saying that we do not have subscription during registration, it means we cannot allow select subscription during article submission. Or it would mean that before article submitted user have to go to paypal, complete purchase, then return and be already registered and logged in.

I do not think we can make anything like that, which would work stably.

24 Jan 2013 14:24

When I visit my homepage my login module looks normal like this:

However once I click the registration page - I happen to look at the login module and it now looks like this:

Thanks.