News, Announcements, Updates
You have 0 articles to compare. Do you want to see compare view now?
This might be the most important place for you, since we post here everything regarding our products. Follow our blog to be always up-to-date with new releases, promotions and other important announcements.
Your feedback is important to us. Please comment our postings to let us better understand your concerns.
Urgent update. Fix some critical errors.
- critical - article save SQL error
- fixed - Warning: Creating default object from empty value in statis… …
- fixed - strict standard error on section add.
- Build Field [field_cobalt.textarea.v.8.13.zip]
- Build Gateway [payment_cobalt.paypal.v.8.15.zip]
- Build media [pkg_cobalt.media.v.8.22.zip]
- Build Cobalt [com_cobalt.v.8.90.zip]
We are happy to introduce Cobalt 8 - the great CCK for Joomla 3.0
We aimed to be recognised as the best CCK for Joomla, and we were working hard to provide you features like no one else provides. This may be long reading, but believe me it worth to read it all.
Welcome to well tested new audit trail feature. This is set of new possibilities that makes Cobalt 8 enterprise ready. There are 2 main parts which
- fixed - ordering per section.
- fixed - API ob_end
- fixed - text filter search select
- fixed - edit article and move to section home
- fixed - Templates errors in IE8
- fixed - edit record automaticaly publish unpublished article.
- fixed - image field - input to show preview and switch between methods is not affected. Image is still shown.
- added - field read also - parameter to show only selected articles or also alrticles where this article is selected.
- fixed - fatal erre
I am very happy to announce that we have set exact date of Cobalt 8 to be released. And that will happen (with God's grace) on Thursday, December 20, 2012.
Right now it is in testing mode and testers are already very excited about this new release. We had to send the box of ice to some of them to cool them down a little :) It has tons of new features. It looks better, works quicker, gives more and asks less. It you try Cobalt 8, there is no way back to Cobalt 7.
We are looking forward
Looks like GitHub help us to create more complete change logs. Because it does not allow commits without comments.
- fixed - map template non SEF links
- fixed - bootstap based templates menu issue
- fixed - ordering field not visible in order list if not set to be shown in the list
- fixed - after filtering stay on the same page. Now reset to first page.
- fixed - redirect after delete with none latin characters
- fixed - category is empty even if article is submited there
Moving to GitHub
As part of advancing our development flow, we gave up old technologies (SVN) and moved our development to GitHub. Although it is private repository and not accessible by other people I think it is important for you to know where we are going. GitHub will help us to work more efficiently.
GitHub's issue tracker is very good. It is much easier now for us to communicate and assign/explain tasks which results in less questions and therefore faster and
- fixed - module records fatal error.
- fixed - default values for new records like access, expired, ...
- fixed - subscribe to the record only if subscription is enabled.
- fixed - image field - JS error is image protected by Emerald
- fixed - geo field - path to custom markers
- fixed - not saving moderator rights if nothing selected
This government site was done by Denys with Cobalt 7. And this is in deed very good demonstration what Cobalt can do. Denys only changed templates without changing Cobalt core.
Dynamic maps, incorporated bootstrap, and many more. Of course templates are highly customised but how much less efforts it takes with Cobalt to create something like this!
And we are very proud that Cobalt now is a means of presentation of
- fixed - menu and list templates path to images not relative.
- fixed - module records fatal error. have value or all records with FALSE value and all recode without value.
- fixed - on change category name, it also change in records
- added - parameter to form template to change form title
- added - menu template parameter to hide All Records element
- added - advanced table template parameters for title label and icon.
- fixed - alert that comment template settings not saved
- added - menu template parameter to hide All Records element
- added - Advanced table template parameters for title label and icon.
- added - plugin discussion restriction by category
- fixed - record list extra queries deleted
- fixed - featured from backend sets for 1 year
- fixed - relate field buttons new and attach access to show to author or article.
- fixed - fields from relate records get into sorting.
We did not release new staff quite a long time.
So here it is. We have created wery nice plugin with can dd discussions or reviews by cobalt in core Joomla articles. Very cool. Check it out. There is some short video.
- updated - modules categories. Excessive code cleaned and template added.
- fixed - auto approve parameter did not work as expected
- Field - form validation - in backend check for required fields
- fixed - category limit in records field
- fixed - advanced template column shift and fields under title.
- fixed - limit records per template
- updated - pypal will depreciate usage of HTTP 1.0. All paypal gateways are changed to work with HTTP 1.1
- added - text field ordering
- fixed - filer search incorrect result. This error formed because earlier versions of cobalt, did not save
js_res_record_valuestable. This probably exists only on very early installations of Cobalt.
DELETEinstructions. Basically it have to be safe. But you know how it happens. Please be sure you have made a backup before install this update.
- fixed - auto-approve for edit and submit.
- fixed - field image. Fixed media file manager
- fixed - Read also field - value lose on edit
- fixed - filter template - parameter to hide search box
- field Text: fixed - filtering
- fixed range picker with format% d /% m /% y
- fixed field work in two or more fields of this type in the form
Minor bug fixes.
It simply means that we had nothing to fix this week. Or it simply means that Cobalt is very Stable.
Please note Media pack has been updated.
Field geo got another few features. Now you not only can set individual markers for every record but set individual marker sets for every field and filter by markers.
- fixed - mechanism to set default category from category limit if category selector is turned off
- added - joomla template overrides for field templates.
- fixed - image field - json decode notice.
Big update for GEO field
- added - individual map marked for every record.
You may put your custom marker to
fields/geo/markers/custom/ folder and you will be able to set individual icon for every article. Of
- fixed - Article edit SEF url
- fixed - field edit switch content type
- fixed - not possible to turn off buttons on submission form.
- fixed - field submission and view Emerald restriction
- fixed - type submission and view Emerald restriction
- added - field select default empty value for SQL source
- fixed - geo field - filters
- added - multiple level select labels goes through JText.
- advanced - datetime field. Filter queries totally refactored to work quicker
As you can see there are less and less fixes every week. And errors are less and less serious. And this is good. It means we have reached very stable phase. The point where you can reliably build with Cobalt.
- fixed - potential bug with filter search
- fixed - advanced table avatar/rating columns swap.
- fixed - blog template pagination
- fixed - geo field current location error.
- fixed - tag display notice fixed - pack installer with files
- fixed - translation of parameter slider